Winteq Customer Case Study
This is a case study for Winteq customer E.J. Bartells:
- Their legacy system was a character-based ERP running under Linux.
- Legacy system was a paper-driven solution with green-bar dot-matrix printers.
- Data repository was a flat file based system, with high possibility of data corruption.
- Data backup was done on magnetic tapes; and there was no viable disaster recovery.
- Winteq Enterprise software replaced this customer's legacy system.
- Enterprise included intuitive Windows based software for order processing, inventory control, and invoicing.
- Picking, receiving, and inventory control functions were done on real-time using RF bar-code scanning/printing.
- Data repository was Microsoft SQL Server database with disaster recovery backups in the cloud.